Print/Online Press and Interviews
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Press Release: Immunotherapy Trials for Food Allergy Hold Strong Appeal for Parents (March 2018)
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Press Release: One-Third of School Nurses Report at Least One Severe Food Allergic Reaction in School (March 2018)
- Allergic Living: Are Schools Ready for Severe Allergic Reactions? Study Sees Key Gaps (April 4, 2018)
- Medscape News: Pediatricians Not Embracing New Peanut Guidelines
- Science Daily: "21 percent increase in childhood peanut allergy since 2010: More children have food allergies, including more black children.".
- Chicago Magazine: Food Allergies Aren't Just a Kid Problem, Ruchi Gupta Says
- New York Times: Can You Develop Food Allergies at Any Age?
- Allergic Living: Half of Americans with Food Allergies Gaining Condition as Adults, Finds Study
- Chicago Health Online: Peanut Free Nation
- Chicago Tribune: Will allergy-free peanut be a reality soon?
- Northwestern Design Innovation Article: Helping Students with Food Allergies Transition to College
- Chicago Tribune: As Food Allergies Spread, a Push to Raise Awareness Among Students
- NPR: New Guidelines Tell Parents When To Introduce Babies to Peanut Products
- NIH News Release: NIH-sponsored expert panel issues clinical guidelines to prevent peanut allergy--Recommendations focus on introducing peanut-containing foods to infants
- Lurie Children's Hospital Press Release: When Do Teens With Food Allergies Take Fewer Risks?
- Francis W. Parker School Students Join Public Health Research Team
- Discovery Newsletter: Research at Stanley Mann Children's Research Institute, Winter 2017
- Allergy & Asthma Network: Latest from ACAAI
- Today.com: After 11 year old's sudden death, mom warns about food allergy
- Allergic Living, "Colleges Lack Food Allergy Support Beyond the Dining Hall"
- Northwestern Now: Food Allergies of Low-Income Kids Are Poorly Managed
- Lurie Children's Hospital Press Release: African American, White and Latino Children Have Different Food Allergen Profiles
- Lurie Children's Hospital Press Release: Why is Food Allergy Increasing? Skin Might Be Involved
- Allergic Living, "Allergy's High Anxiety: How to Tame Kids' Fears of Food Reactions"
- Lurie Children’s Hospital Press Release: Ruchi Gupta Advises on How to Introduce Peanuts to a Baby's Diet
- NPR: Hey, Baby, Meet Peanuts: How And When To Safely Introduce The Food
- Lurie Children’s Hospital Press Release: Confusing Food Labels Place Consumers with Food Allergy at Risk
- Lurie Children's Hospital Story: Research That Improves Kids Lives
- Allergy & Asthma Network: Glimpse into the Future of Allergy and Asthma Care
- Kids with Food Allergies blog: College Students With Food Allergies Find Big Challenges in Staying Safe
- HealthDay: Colleges Not Fully Prepared for Students with Food Allergies
- LA Times: Why Having a Food Allergy Costs More for the Poorest Kids
- Science Daily: Food Allergies of Low-Income Kids are Poorly Managed
- Allergic Living, "Food Studies Diverge on Need for Skin Testing in Siblings of Allergic Kids"
- CBS: Children With Food Allergies From Low-Income Homes May Suffer More
- Healthline.com: Poor Children More Likely to Have Food Allergies
- Allergic Living: Cashew-Containing Kale Chip Teaches EMT That He's Not Invincible
- Spokin blog: Reading Food Labels for Allergens
- Medical News Today: Parents In Dark About Using Epinephrine Shot for Kids' Food Allergies
- Allergic Living, "Precautionary Allergy Labels Cause Widespread Confusion, Researchers Find"
- AAAAI Press Release: Poverty Widens Gap in Care for Asthma and Allergies
- MedPageToday: The Poor Bear Highest Treatment Costs for Kids' Food Allergies--Lack of access to specialists, cost of medication barriers to care
- Managing Peanut Allergies: "Why I Care" Question and Answer with Dr. Ruchi Gupta
- Kids with Food Allergies Blog: "Do You Know When and How to Use Epinephrine for Allergy Emergencies?"
- Allergic Living, "When Food Allergy Strikes an Adult"
- Northwestern Now: Parents in Dark About Using Epinephrine for Kids' Food Allergies
- Northwestern Now: Hope for Food Allergic Students Transitioning to College
- Lurie Children's Blog: Study Shows Most Siblings of Food Allergic Kids Do Not Have Food Allergy
- Allergic Living, "Parents Say MDs Often Not Providing Enough Epinephrine Guidance: Study"
- In Touch: With Research at Stanley Mann Children's Research Institute, Fall 2016
- In Touch: With Research at Stanley Mann Children's Research Institute, Summer 2016
- In Touch: With Research at Stanley Mann Children's Research Institute, Spring 2016
- In Touch: With Research at Stanley Mann Children's Research Institute, Winter 2015
- US News & World Report Health: Don't Assume Siblings Will Have Food Allergies, Too
- Medical Daily: Food Allergies May not Always Be Handed Down Between Siblings
- UPI: Siblings Unlikely to Share the Same Food Allergies
- ACAAI Press Release: Study Shows Siblings of Kids with Food Allergies Aren't Necessarily Also Allergic
- Allergic Living, "Food Allergy Meets the Teenage Brain"
- Stanford Medicine, Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy & Asthma Research: In Conversation with Dr. Ruchi Gupta
- Allergy & Asthma Today, Winter 2015: Food Allergy Research Is Making A Difference
- AAAS: Study Shows Siblings of Kids With Food Allergies Aren't Necessarily Also Allergic
- Parent Herald: Siblings Don't Always Have the Same Food Allergies
- New York Times: Feeding Infants Peanut Products Could Prevent Allergies, Study Suggest
- Northwestern Now: ER Visits for Childhood Food Allergy on Rise in Illinois
- ACAAI Press Release: Emergency Supplies of Epinephrine in Schools
- Allergy & Asthma Network: New Partnership, Studies Highlight ACAAI Annual Meeting
- Allergic Living, "Stock Epi Saves 38 in Chicago Public Schools"
- Chicago Tribune: Health management plans underused at city schools
- Northwestern Public Health Review: Faculty Spotlight on Dr. Ruchi Gupta, Charting New Territory in Childhood Asthma and Allergy Research
- Northwestern Now: Disco Video Helps Pediatricians Manage Food Allergies
- Northwestern Now: Emergency Epinephrine Needed in Chicago Public Schools
- Northwestern Now: Too Many Kids with Asthma, Food Allergies Lack School Emergency Plans
- Time Magazine: Why More Schools Should Stock Emergency EpiPens
- Wall Street Journal: Eating Nuts in Pregnancy May Lower a Child's Allergy Risk
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF): Engaging Chicago Teens to Root Out Causes of Asthma
- RWJF: Documentary on Food Allergies Features RWJF Physician Faculty Scholar, Dr. Ruchi Gupta
- Allergic Living, "Food Allergy's Burden on Families: $3,500 a Year"
- MedicineNet.com: Costs for Kids' Food Allergies Estimated at Nearly $25 Billion
- Northwestern Now: Getting Rid of the Food Allergy Fear Factor
- Allergy & Asthma Network: Hosts First USAnaphylaxis Summit
- Chicago Tribune: Students take asthma awareness into their own hands
- QualityHealth: How Social Situations Affect Your Child's Food Allergies
- RWJF: Getting SMART About Asthma Education
- CBS News: Being Born in the US Raises Allergy Risk, Study Suggests
- Northwestern Now: Children Take On Their Asthma
- Northwestern Medicine, Institute for Public Health and Medicine Press Release: Ruchi Gupta, MD, authors a food allergy book for the general public
- ACAAI Press Release: Outgrowing Egg Allergy
- Chicago Tribune: Ask the Expert, Ruchi Gupta
- Chicago Tribune: Urban kids have higher incidence of food allergies than rural ones
- MedPageToday: Food Allergies Cost Society A Bundle
- Allergic Living, "City Kids More Prone to Food Allergies
- RWJF: Researching Food Allergies: A Professional Mission Becomes Very Personal
- Allergic Living: City Kids More Prone to Food Allergies
- Allergic Living, "City Living Boosts Risk of Food Allergy in Kids"
- Northwestern Now: City Kids Much More Likely to Have Food Allergies Than Rural Ones
- Northwestern Now: Kids with Food Allergies Can Fall Through the Cracks
- Northwestern Now: Sharing Academic Expertise Far Beyond Campus Borders
- Northwestern Now: How to Live Safely with Kids' Food Allergies
Interviews, OpEds and SOAAR Newsletters
- NPR's Here and Now: Severe Allergic Reactions To Food Are Increasing, In Adults As Well As Children / Radio Interview
- NBC 5 Chicago Investigates. More Than 600 Public Schools in Chicago Area Do Not Have Life-Saving Epinephrine for Students
- NBC 5 News Chicago Making a Difference in the Lives of Children with Allergies
- WTTW Prevent Peanut Allergies: Give Kids Peanuts
- ABC 7 Eyewitness News: Giving Peanut-Based Foods to Babies Early Prevents Allergies
- The Discovery Channel: An Emerging Epidemic--Food Allergies in America
- KUOW: Are Americans Too Obsessed with Cleanliness?
- NPR's On Point: Kids and Food Allergies
- League of Women Voters Lake Forest/Lake Bluff and Lake Forest Open Lands, "Nutritious or Malicious?"
- Mayo Clinic: Childhood Food Allergies--Current Diagnosis, Treatment and Management Strategies