The Best Possible Outcome/Insights of a Witness to Anaphylaxis
The Best Possible Outcome By Justin Zaslavsky
Most lawyers are familiar with President Abraham Lincoln’s words: “He who represents himself has a fool for a client.” The interpretation I’ve always heard – as the son of a criminal defense lawyer – is that being so engrossed in a situation can blind you to its realities, making it difficult to achieve the best possible outcome.
This concept is obviously detrimental in criminal trials, but I recently understood it in a pretty unorthodox context when I went into anaphylaxis during my time working as a research assistant at the Food Allergy Outcomes Research Program with Dr. Ruchi Gupta at Northwestern University in Chicago....Click here, to read the rest of the blog article.
2016 USAnaphylaxis Summits in St. Louis, Orlando and Las Vegas
In 2016, Dr. Ruchi Gupta participated in and presented at three USAnaphylaxis Summits, hosted by Allergy & Asthma and sponsored by Mylan Specialty L.P. Dr. Gupta presented multiple research studies conducted by her and the SOAAR staff at Northwestern University. These studies were on the following topics:
- Food Allergy Epidemiology
- Economic Impact of Food Allergies
- Allergic Reaction Registries
- Quality of Life
- Food Allergy Labeling Study
- Food Allergy Sensitization and Presentation in Siblings
- Peer to Peer Education Videos
- School Food Allergy Policy Survey
After each speaker presentation, participants at each table discussed scenarios related to the topic. The discussion’s purpose was twofold:
- Develop anaphylaxis awareness best practices to share with everyone after the conference;
- Help participants build stronger connections within their state or region.
To review Dr. Gupta's presentation summary and slides, visit: 2016 USAnaphylaxis Summit Summary Report
On May 6, Dr. Gupta and the SOAAR team participated in the fifth Annual FARE Spring luncheon held in Chicago, IL. Dr. Gupta spoke on an Ask the Experts panel and the SOAAR team distributed materials at a booth.